Monday, January 08, 2007

How can so many entries be analyzed?

Saw a great quote in an article on data analysis that noted to review 100,000 journal entries at a client would take close to 1,000 person days to audit.

While maybe not that large, if you think it through, most mid-sized companies have at least 5,000 journal entries and probably 250,000 lines to these entries. Without a computer, how could these be reviewed effectively from an audit or fraud detection perspective?

Food for thought and comments are welcome,
Rich Lanza

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Wes Sampson said...

Data-Pattern Index identifies every journal entry in a million (or more) line journal. Various types of searches provide quick insight.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger MidhuN said...

Sir I am very much interested in using Excel sheet as an audit tool. I am studying for CA in India. I found your site and I appreciate your effort. Visit my blog I am also started to share my projects in Excel and Visual Basic...

http://let-us-share-knowledge.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home